I'm sure by now you are all tired of us talking to you about the traffic here! Tonight we were at 4th branch and needed to catch an auto driver to get home. I swear we had a Kamikaze Auto Driver! I slide over close to Elder Kasper and he said "I think he has a death wish!" We had so many close calls. At one point I thought the car next to us was going to collide into the side of us. Then our auto driver swerved off into the gutter to save us from an accident. Cars seemed to be coming at us in every direction. There were also a zillion spead bumps that he didn't slow down for at all. Elder said, "Maybe he had a date as he sure was in a hurry." I really do think the only unsafe thing about India is the auto, yet.....so few accidents!! There was a man that was in the road right in front of our auto. He scurried out of the way as our auto driver layed on the horn. Yesterday we were in a bit of a traffic jam. Just a little one and every auto associated with the jam was honking their horn. Just sat there honking and honking. It was hilarious to us! As though honking was helping!
We had 4 of us in the auto the other day and it was raining. I was holding my umbrella over my skirt trying to point it in such a direction that the water would run down into the road. Madhu and Rajev had pants that were soaked. I tried to show them how to hold the umbrella so the auto didnt' drip on them and the rain ran out. It didn't seem to work as well for them.
Jason's 6th Birthday!!
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment